We are excited to announce a new release for our withdrawals as a microservice, packed with several enhancements and bug fixes. This release focuses on improving the efficiency and reliability of auto withdrawals, along with various database and UI enhancements. Let’s dive into the details of what’s included:
Key Features and Improvements:
Auto Withdrawal Execution:
- A new validation has been implemented to ensure that auto withdrawals are executed only if the donation date in the donations table is before the withdrawal date mentioned in the cause table.
- After the successful execution of an auto-withdrawal job, the donation table is checked for the withdrawal ID mentioned in the respective donation.
- The withdrawal table now includes a new field with the corresponding withdrawal ID, which is automatically inserted into the donation for better tracking.
Ledger Entries & Account Postings
- Following a withdrawal, the acts_as_account_postings table is now checked for accurate ledger entries and account postings.
Extended Withdrawal Scenarios
- Withdrawals can now be performed from both the normal page of the owner and the connected page of the broker, ensuring greater flexibility and convenience.
- We have thoroughly tested the reserve amount functionality, which ensures that only the amount exceeding the specified reserve amount is withdrawn (ex: If a $10 reserve amount is saved, the withdrawal will exclude $10, and the remaining amount will be processed).
- Auto withdrawal jobs are now scheduled to execute only on business days, providing better control and alignment with your organization’s operations.
Withdrawal Reports and Database Updates
- We have comprehensively tested withdrawal reports to ensure accurate and reliable data representation.
- Multiple database tables are now updated with withdrawal-related information, including donations, acts_as_account_postings, withdrawals, causes, bank_accounts, and donations_client_split_details.
Enhanced Validation and Restrictions
- We have implemented stricter validations to prevent auto-withdrawal execution when the cause’s available balance is zero.
- To initiate an auto withdrawal, a default bank account must be present in the Client account and remain active.
- The next withdrawal date is now correctly updated in the database after processing an auto-withdrawal job based on the configured withdrawal days.
- If a withdrawal is suspended from the admin side, causes will not be able to perform withdrawals until re-enabled.
- Auto withdrawal will not be executed if the cause’s available balance is insufficient or in negative amounts, ensuring financial stability and accountability.
- Auto withdrawal jobs will not be performed for archived causes, maintaining data integrity and proper management.
We believe that these enhancements will significantly improve the withdrawal process, streamlining operations and reducing manual effort.
Thank you for your continued support and valuable feedback. We remain committed to delivering exceptional experiences and empowering your organization’s mission through our advanced fundraising functionalities.
Chief Operating Officer, RallyPay